Saturday, January 21, 2012

Tenby, Wales

Wow, Saturday already?  This week just flew by and I don't think I picked up the camera even once!  We all stayed pretty busy this week, but in a "hey! Where did the week go and what exactly did we do?" kind of way.  I'll try to make up for the lack of photos in this post with next week's update.

Sun:  Took a drive into Pembroke Dock to do some shopping.  This bears mentioning because I was the one who did the driving and no one got hurt or was even mentally scarred by the experience. :)

Mon:  Back to school for Aaron, back to work for Josh, and the ravages of the lazy weekend to clean up for me.  Josh's presence was required at dinner with the work delegation in town from San Antonio, so Aaron and I put together a lasagna, played a few games of mancala, and finished off the puzzle.  Josh brought home a bag full of goodies from San Antonio... apparently he caught grief for his prizes, but the possibility of homemade corn tortillas and chicken smothered in proper BBQ sauce more than made up for it.

Tues:  More of the same... this time Aaron and I made breakfast for dinner and enjoyed it while watching The Incredibles.

Weds:  Work + school + laundry = must be the middle of the week!  I managed to cut a couple of minutes off my 5K time (it became embarrassingly apparent that I may have indulged in too many mince pies over the Christmas break, so I've been run/walking around Tenby in the mornings after I drop Aaron off at school).  I had intended to take the camera along so that I would have at least a few pictures for this post, but was rather glad that I didn't when I saw my final time.  I sort of remember this feeling -- this "hey!  I like running!" feeling from the days when I was training for the half marathon.

Thurs:  Aaron brought home a reminder from school about "Cake Friday" -- a great little bake-sale/fundraiser that the Friends of St. Teilo's organization (similar to PTA) organizes and runs for each of the classes.  The proceeds of each event are earmarked for a particular class and the parents of the class are responsible for bringing in the goodies to be sold.  This week his class was the lucky recipient, so Mama had some baking to do!!  We threw together a rather tasty looking banana bread and some not-quite-so-appealing chocolate chip cookies.  Although Josh assured me that the cookies tasted fine, we decided that the bread would be our contribution.

Fri:  I met with the Friends (see above) group for coffee.  After agreeing to take on the role of secretary, I headed home to mix up some lemon bars and chocolate chip cookies for the bake-sale.  The cookies and lemon bars were snatched up before we made our choices, much to Aaron's dismay.  He perked up when I reminded him that we still had the cookies from the night before and managed to put together a tasty selection from what was still available to take home.
Cake Friday Bounty!

Sat:  Aaron woke up early and pulled Josh out of bed to go watch The Incredibles.  Again.  We hung around for most of the day, checked off the chores that hadn't made it to the top of the list during the week, and finished up the day with Josh making pasta carbonara for dinner.  The plan is to start tomorrow out with a run, then head over to Carew to check out the castle there.  If all goes as planned, we'll have plenty of pictures to share next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment